WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle for 5. Pine Grove Furnace State Park area, PA. 5/5

Three adults and two children looking for a shuttle in the Pine Grove Furnace State Park (PA) area early/mid afternoon next Sunday, May 5 following two nights on the AT. Any willing drivers with vehicle that will take five passengers?

Probably best to check directly with drivers in that area from the Shuttle Provider listing.

I am a shuttle driver (not in PA). In a couple of instances where the number of hikers was more than I could carry, the group would drop off some/most of the party at the starting location, and then one of them would drive the vehicle to the end/parking location, where they would have a shuttle arranged to drive them back to the starting location where the others are waiting. It sounds like you have a fairly short trip planned, so the distance/time by car is probably fairly short, so wouldn't make for a long wait for those dropped at the trailhead.

(you could do this at the end as well - have the shuttle driver just take one of you back to your car - but typically parking at the END of your hike is suggested. Especially with a group that it may be difficult to estimate pace and arrival time, generally easier for everyone if your vehicle is waiting for you at the end, as it eliminates the need to have to communicate with a driver about expected arrival time.)

Thanks justhike and patrickjd9. I'll check the list.

If he isn't on the list, Mikes Shuttles out of Boiling Springs, PA is a great shuttler
    Trail Miles: 4,992.0
    AT Map 1: Completed 13-21'
    Sheltowee Trace: Completed 20-23'
    Pinhoti Trail: Completed 23-24'
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    GSMNP900: 134.7(16.8%)
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Okay, thanks.

++ New Posts ++