WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default FS: 2 Person Bug Tent for Tarp Users

This is a DIY bugnet tent for 2 people. I designed and built it for my 8×10 flat tarp to use with my kids, but haven’t used it in a long time and only used less than 10 nights. It’s time to let it go.

Asking $90 (includes shipping in the CONUS)

Dimensions:

Width – 58 inches
    Length – 84 inches
    Height: 36 inches
    Weight: 25.2 ounces (includes stuff sack weight which is included in the sale)

One door – The door opens up on one end to give easy, full access.

There are three grosgrain tabs located along the ridgeline to help secure to a tarp. There are two grosgrain pull outs on each side panel to give additional space. There is shock cord attached to each corner of the ridgeline to assist with attaching to a tarp. (I added the additional lines just for the photos and will remove.) Each corner has a loop for stakes to pin the floor to the ground. There is some excess netting along the inside ridgeline that I never bothered to trim. If removed, it would probably lower the weight by an ounce or two.

The netting is no-see-um mesh. The floor is flat and is waterproof, made of 1.9 oz heavy coated ripstop from Quest Outfitters. Full disclosure, when this material is bagged up in its stuff sack, the coating on the ripstop can be a little bit stinky when you first open the bag. After set up, it airs out and is fine. It never bothered me staying in this, but I wanted that made known to everyone. It’s dirty but in fantastic shape!

Please feel free to PM any questions. Thanks!

-Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don’t have $90 for this, but love the design. How much did this cost to make?

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    I don’t have $90 for this, but love the design. How much did this cost to make?
    Gosh, I really don't recall. By the time you add up the various parts (nylon floor, netting, zipper, grosgrain, etc.) + shipping, it gets a little pricey to feed the DIY addiction. Sorry that $90 is out of reach for you. I tried to keep the price reasonable and competitive when compared to similar tents made by someone like Bearpaw Wilderness Designs. A similar tent is about $125 from them.

As you now know I struggle with feeding backpacking addiction, and my family of 4 at the same time. Make no mistake, your asking are amazing and someone should grab your gear up. When you’ve been around long enough you recognize a good deal when you see one!

++ New Posts ++