WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle Front Royal to Waynsboro -

It looks like there's a once-a-day bus shuttle from Front Royal to Staunton (near Waynesboro), VA. That would be perfect for my upcoming hike. I think it's called "Virginia Breeze" and may be affiliated with the state DOT in some way. I'll call them tomorrow to get info but would appreciate input from the backpacking community.

Anybody familiar with this carrier and its reliability?

This is a Megabus route that runs once a day in each direction. It's awfully convenient if you're doing a section from Rockfish Gap to Front Royal. You have to make reservations and payment ahead of time, which is an issue only for the few remaining luddites who don't have a phone. Nearest Megabus stop to Rockfish is at Staunton, so a shuttle from there to the trail is also needed. Stanimals and other locals could do that quickly.

They have always been within five minutes of the their posted time when I have used them. If you are not in a hurry, you can get a bus to Waynesboro for 50 cents. When you get dropped off at Martins, walk across the street to Walmart and catch the 250 Connector which will take you to the Walmart in Waynesboro. It runs hourly except for Sunday. You can also get Uber from either place.

That's helpful info, NJH. THank you.

++ New Posts ++